a Food Prep Worker, you will
play a critical role in preparing foods that purify the body with a raw live organic
vegetarian diet and grow sprouts. You will support the Kitchen Manager and kitchen team by
preparing raw vegan, fermented and dehydrated foods, the cleanliness of the Mission’s kitchen and
dining area and ensuring that you follow and adhere to all safety standards and
policies in adherence with the mind, body, and spiritual programs at OHI.
- Prepare raw vegan food in accordance with prescribed recipes and served on a timely basis.
- Prepare fermented and dehydrated foods, and grow sprouts.
- Cuts, peels, and juices raw vegetables.
- Plate food items; Examine food items for completeness and appearance; Serve food to guest; and store left over food in the refrigerator.
- Clean food preparation equipment, dishes, silverware, and glasses.
- Help clean sinks, shelves, floor, dining room and walk-in refrigerator.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Grows sprouts and wheatgrass for use in our kitchen and our facility
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 year related experience in preparation of raw food in restaurant or food service; experience with kitchen procedure & equipment; if you have a high school diploma or GED.
| OHI offers a rewarding non-smoking, drug-free work environment and a competitive benefits program. Join a faith-based organization committed to your success. Apply Today!|