As a House Person, you will play a critical role in helping to provide a healing, peaceful and serene Mission environment for our guests. This position supports the facilities maintenance and housekeeping team by ensuring the quality and cleanliness of the Mission’s facilities are in adherence with the mind, body, and spiritual programs at OHI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate, adhere to and model the organization’s Mission, core Values, and Guiding Principles and the Disciplines of Surrender and ensures staff does the same.
- Perform customer service duties such as complete and carryout guest requests.
- Assist in supervising the Facility Maintenace/Houskeeping staff by scheduling staff, coordinating and assigning work.
- Support Room Attendants and housekeeping team for cleaning rooms & assisting with laundry
Customer Service Duties:
- Complete and carryout guest requests.
- Provide exceptional guest service.
- Must communicate to guests by giving any information required.
- Assist in supervising the Facility Maintenance/Housekeeping staff, by scheduling staff, coordinating and assigning work.
- Perform room inspections and monitor the cleanliness of all public areas.
Operational Duties: Light Maintenance/House person tasks.
- Supports the Room Attendants and housekeeping team for cleaning rooms and assisting with laundry.
- Responsible for setup and breakdown of classroom settings
- Carry out service requests in a timely manner
- Responsible for cleanliness of public areas and rooms
- Assist in Laundry Dept.
- Ability to work with pre-approved chemicals
- Knowledgeable of safety standards
- Place caulking around the tub and tile
- Repair window blinds, shutter or verticals
- Tighten loose towel racks and door knobs
- Repair dripping faucets
- Repair plugged toilets, sinks and tubs
- Touch up guest room walls with paint
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble wheatgrass juicers
- Replace burned out light bulbs and light fixtures
- Lift and rotate king and queen mattresses
- Hang pictures on the wall in the guest rooms
- Patching damaged dry wall holes
- Shampoo carpets
Education: High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years in hospitality, healthcare or customer care service facilities required.
- Minimum two (2) years extensive service experience and product knowledge in basic housekeeping required.
- Light maintenance skills required.
- Ability to operate wet vacuum and carpet and floor cleaning machines.
- Experience with general room maintenance activities desired.