Who We are Looking For:
We are currently seeking an energetic, dedicated professional to join our Housekeeping Team as the Housekeeping Manager. This individual must have excellent customer service skills and a positive "can do," people person attitude with strong leadership and organizational development qualities. This position reports to the Director of Guest Services.
Conveniently located in the Lemon Grove area, near the 94 freeway, we offer a rewarding, non-smoking, drug free work environment and competitive benefits.
Manage the Housekeeping department to ensure the quality and cleanliness of the Retreat's facilities are in adherence with the mind, body and spiritual programs taught by OHI. The Housekeeping Manager's responsibilites includes, but are not limited to, managing a staff of 6-12 employees and ensuring that they are properly trained, ensuring that on-going and effective communication to the Mission's guests and adherents is maintained, scheduling staff, hours, coordinating assignments and evaluating performance. Provides exceptional customer service at all times by responding promptly and professionally to guest's needs and questions.
- Communicate, adhere to and model the organization’s Mission, Core Values and Guiding Principles (MVP’s) and Disciplines of Surrender and ensure all direct reports do the same. Identifies future leaders and managers from existing staff.
- Ensure that on-going and effective communication to the Mission’s guests and adherents is maintained.
- Oversee customer service duties performed by staff to ensure high hotel occupancy and provide a high level of customer service to guests daily.
- Supervise the Housekeeping staff, including scheduling, coordinating, assigning work, and evaluating performance.
- Directly supervise and provide leadership to staff of 6-12 in accordance with the Organization’s policies and applicable laws, carries out supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure that staff is properly trained in all aspects of safety, customer service and housekeeping duties and that the staff follows all established safety procedures and precautions when operating equipment or moving objects.
- Provide regular safety training and ensure staff is performing duties in a safe manner.
- Assure that housekeeping personnel follow established safety regulations in the use of all equipment and supplies at all times.
- Ensures proper infection control procedures and aseptic techniques are followed in the service contractor areas.
- Perform room inspections and recommends changes to the Director of Guest Services
- Reports and corrects all unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Assures that all areas are neat and clean and meet OHI standards, including all rooms ready by 4:00 p.m. on Sundays.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to guest's needs and questions and provide exceptional service. Engages with guests daily
- Handles grievances that are elevated to management to ensure high customer satisfaction and service.
- Monitor housekeeping expenses and adhere to budget constraints, assists in budget preparation.
- Maintains inventory and place orders for linens, cleaning supplies and room furnishings.
- Prepares operational reports for management
- Ensures that all administrative tasks, including employee timecards and correspondence are performed in a timely manner
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Minimum 10 years Housekeeping experience in a hotel, resort, residential care or healthcare environment.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- Education: 1-2 years of college, AA degree is preferred.
- Must have superior English communication skills including: speaking, reading and writing.
- Must have exceptional customer service with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- MS Office (Email, Excel and Word)