Join our growing team and you’ll have the opportunity to do work that is meaningful while also allowing you to use your gifts for consultative sales and customer service.
We are currently seeking a select few program consultants who will actively listen with compassion to prospective and returning guests, educate them with program knowledge, and guide them to their best decision with confident recommendations.
This is a Full-Time position and candidates must be available to work weekdays, evenings, weekends and some holidays depending on contact center needs.
For 40 years more than 150,000 guests have come from all over the world to stay at our holistic healing centers in San Diego, CA and Austin, TX. Optimum Health Institutes offers a 21 day body-mind-spirit program and supportive community that inspires our guests to make healthy choices, heal and transform their lives. Our mission is to improve the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of everyone we touch.
- Respond to inquiries from prospective and returning guests in a contact center environment using phone, chat, email and in-person contact.
- Use consultative sales techniques to qualify potential guests and book reservations.
- Deliver extraordinary customer service to existing and returning guest, going above and beyond in ways that win loyalty and inspire guests to recommend Optimum Health Institute to others.
- Collect and post tuition payments, process guest refunds, perform night audit and day-end close procedures.
- Support the Guest Services Team at the Institute by providing occasional coverage at the Front Desk and Optimum Health Store
- Handle sensitive and confidential information, maintaining discretion and professionalism in all aspects of guest, staff and organization interactions.
We are looking for passionate people who have a spiritual foundation to be part of a team that promotes the well-being of every person’s body, mind, and spirit. We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing inside sales and customer care in contact center environment (inbound/outbound call center, inside/outside sales)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience educating clients (in product support, product knowledge and/or sensitive information areas)
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school (60 units); Or equivalent combination of education and 8-10 years’ experience
- Exceptional relationship-building and customer service skills
- Effective consultative sales skills; the ability to listen to the customers’ needs, offer confident recommendations and follow up, resulting in high satisfaction from the customer with the service they receive. Proven record of measurable sales performance
- Excellent communication and active listening skills via telephone, in person, email, and chat
- Ability to work as a team player, work at many levels with a can-do attitude to help best respond to customer needs
- Strong work ethic, and leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and follow through with a high degree of detail orientation
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Proficient use of e-mail and internet
- Experience working in enterprise-level reporting systems & scheduling software
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; related coursework: business management, tourism/hospitality, fundraising, education, or counseling/psychology
- Background and/or experience in holistic health, faith-based non-profit organizations, medical industry, insurance sales, education, counseling, nutrition, or ministry
- Experience working with enterprise-level property management systems
- The ability to easily build rapport and relationships via the phone, email, chat and in person
- Active listening skills with the ability to qualify potential customers
- Internal motivation to help people
- Professionalism and emotional maturity in dealing with sensitive subject matter
- Strong numbers orientation
- Internal motivation to do your best, meet or exceed goals; performance oriented
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and remain calm while under pressure
- The ability to be compassionate with prospective guests while upholding the needs and values of the organization
- An interest in health and holistic healing
- Experience in the hospitality or medical industry
We Offer A Comprehensive Benefits Package:
Working with a service-minded organization, making positive difference in peoples’ lives
Health Savings Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts
Life, short and long-term disability insurance
Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
Free meals & discounts at the Optimum Health Store
Attend the OHI Program as part of job training
Pre-employment requirements include background check and drug screening.
Please be sure to attach a unique cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate.